Being a confident, godly woman is not always easy in this world. Life is filled with all sorts of trials and uncertainties. Not only can the general troubles of life wear us down, but there is also the epidemic of insecurity with ourselves and who we are as women. Society is constantly throwing standards and expectations at us. This can cause us to feel pressured to lose or gain weight, have plumper lips, longer eyelashes, flawless eyebrows, or curvier body parts. Social media is filled to the brim with other women who seem to have perfect lives- the perfect body, the perfect life, the perfect relationship, the perfect career. As a result, we can end up comparing ourselves and feeling discontent. We can feel like we aren’t pretty enough, strong enough, smart enough, or just good enough in general.
What’s a girl to do when it feels like every woman but her seems to have it all together?
The truth is, no one truly has it all together, and no woman is immune to struggling with insecurities and problems in this life- no matter what their Facebook or Instagram looks like!
Insecurity, lack of confidence, and negative self-esteem can plague any woman. Being a Christian doesn’t automatically make us exempt from facing these problems. The best way to defeat different insecurities in life is to fill your mind with the truth- what God says. And you, sweet sister, are His daughter! Deep in our hearts, we all yearn to be loved and cherished, to feel beautiful, secure, and to live a life with purpose. I believe these are all things that Jesus wants to fulfill in our hearts.
No matter what kind of insecurity you may be facing, whether it is an insecurity with yourself or just life, God wants us to walk in freedom and faith. He wants us to find peace and contentment in Him. He wants us to know that He loves us, He made us beautifully, He is always with us no matter what, and He created us for a purpose that He will help us to complete.
When we really let ourselves walk in His truth, we will find joy and peace that surpasses all understanding. God doesn’t want you to feel unloved, because you are loved more than you could ever possibly fathom! He doesn’t want you to be afraid of what’s to come, because He is with you no matter what. He doesn’t want you to envy other women, because you are fearfully and wonderfully made! He doesn’t want you to compare your life to someone else’s, because He has unique purpose just for you.
Remind yourself of these 5 truths and rest in His incredible love for you.
Walking in Confidence as a Woman of God:
5 Things to Remember
1. You Are Loved & Cared For
- “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.” – Luke 12:6-7
- “Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
- “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book.” – Psalm 56:8
God looks after the sparrows, He doesn’t forget a single one! No matter what you’re going through, there is no one better to have by your side than God, no one better you can trust! You can come to Him with everything that’s bothering you- your heartache, your insecurities, and your worries. He is a God who counts every tear that has fallen from your eyes and knows all your sorrows. He is the God who created you, watches over you, died for you, and loves you deeply.
Sister, I want you to stop for a moment and really let that sink in… the God and Creator of the entire universe numbers each and every hair on your head. He keeps record of all your sorrows and every tear that has ever fallen from your eyes. He loves and cares for the sparrows, how much more so does He love and care for you.
2. You are Beautiful to God
- “For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well.” – Psalm 139:13-14
You are God’s handiwork. His own hands formed and sculpted you! You are fearfully and wonderfully made by the King of Kinds and Lord of Lords! How amazing is that? God does not make mistakes. You are one of a kind! You were made special and unique, you are so precious in His sight! When someone tries to bring you down, remind yourself of whom you belong to and who created you.
3. You are a Daughter of the King
- “Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will,” – Ephesians 1:4-5
Before you were ever born, you were on God’s mind. He was thinking of you. He loved you already! Out of love, He called you to be His daughter! You are a child of the one true God, sister.
Our God is a good, good Father. And what does a good father do? He watches over his children. He listens to them fully. He protects them. He helps them in times of need. He walks them through trials and difficulties. He bandages up their wounds when they get hurt. He comforts them. He guides them and gives them wisdom, and helps them to understand things. He forgives them when they mess up. When they fall down, he helps them get back up. He loves them more than his own life.
This is the way Jesus loves us. He watches over us. He listens to us. He protects us. He helps us in times of need. He walks us through trials and difficulties. He bandages up our wounds. He comforts us. He guides us and gives us wisdom and understanding. He forgives us endlessly when we mess up, His mercies are new every morning. When we stumble and fall, He helps us to get back up and strengthens us. He loves us more than His own life. He selflessly gave His up to die in our place for our sins so we could be with Him for eternity in Heaven someday.
4. He Created You with a Purpose
- “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” – 1 Peter 2:9
- “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” – Ephesians 2:10
- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- “And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 1:6
Maybe you have wondered what your purpose is in this life, why you were created in the first place- I’m sure we have all wondered that at some point or another. Maybe you have even felt like you had no purpose at all. I want you to know that you were created on purpose for a purpose. Read that again, sister. Believe it. God created you on purpose for a purpose! You are His workmanship. The Bible tells us that we are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession. His Word says that we were created in Christ Jesus for good works that He has already prepared for us! He works all things (including all the bad, the ugly, and the painful things) for the good.
5. He is Always with You
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “”Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” – Isaiah 46:4
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
There is never a moment that God is not with you. He knows everything you’re going through, and He sees it all. Nothing is hidden from Him. Whether you’re out getting coffee or groceries, He sees you. When you’re at your lowest, He sees you. He hears you. When you’re down on your knees crying to Him, He is right there next to you. He is always there. He says He will never leave us or forsake us. He promises to be with us through everything. No matter what, He is always with you wherever you go. He will never leave you! We can trust Him to carry us through every trial and every situation we may face in this life. He is faithful!
Walk in His love. Walk in His truth. Walk in the confidence of knowing you are His child and nothing can take that away from you! May God bless you, sweet sister.